31 May 2009

Wedding DJ Playlist: May 2009

View May 09 DJ Playlist Albums

WEDDING RECEPTION MUSIC

I’ve recorded the following DJ playlist from one of our wedding gigs in Kent – May 2009. It contains some of the wedding music played before wedding singer Luca’s second evening show and also from about 10.00 pm – 11.30 pm. It also includes the bride and groom’s last dance choice - ‘Have you ever been in love’ by Céline Dion. The order of the songs here is how I mixed them on the night and contain any special requests by the wedding party (Marked in bold).

THE WEDDING PLAYLIST

  1. Rescue me – Fontella Bass
  2. You’re the first, the last, my everything – Barry White
  3. I want you back – Jacksons 5
  4. Mamma mia – ABBA
  5. Valerie – Amy Winehouse
  6. Supestar – Jamelia
  7. Just Dance – Lady GaGa
  8. Please don’t stop the music – Rhianna
  9. Shine – Booty Love
  10. Poker Face – Lady GaGa
  11. Don’t stop me now – Queen
  12. Town called Malice – The Jam
  13. Do ya think I’m sexy? – N-Trance ft. Rod Stewart
  14. All that she wants – Ace of Base
  15. Oh Carolina – Shaggy
  16. Boom Shakalaka! – Apache Indian
  17. Tease me – Chaka Demus and Pliers
  18. I like to move it – King Julien (‘Madagascar’ Version)
  19. Walk this way – Run DMC ft. Aerosmith
  20. What is love – Haddaway
  21. Mr. Vain – Culture Beat
  22. The key, The secret – Urban Cookie Collective
  23. Don’t stop till you get enough – Jackson 5
  24. Staying alive – Bee Gees
  25. Young hearts run free – Candi Staton
  26. Sex machine – James Brown
  27. Tainted love – Soft Cell
  28. Love Shack – The B-52’s
  29. Missing – Everything but the girl
  30. Do you love me – The Tremelos
  31. Time of my life – Bill Medley and Jennifer Warnes
  32. My girl – The Temptations
  33. One love – Bob Marley
  34. Red red wine – UB40
  35. I don’t wanna miss a thing – Aerosmith
  36. Have you ever been in love – Céline Dion

ABOUT THIS DJ PLAYLIST

This is certainly a DJ playlist for the 90’s lovers and not really suited to people who aren’t fond of this era, however i did also try to include other material in order to involve the rest of the wedding party. I have to say having grown up with 90’s music myself it was nice to hear a lot of the old school tracks. If you look towards the end of the playlist you’ll see how it very gradually slows down in pace through the songs I’ve chosen. I prefer to slow it down gradually as I don’t like the way some Wedding DJs bring things to an abrupt halt at the end of the night, leaving wedding guests a little stunned.

I really enjoyed this music here and it made a nice change to be able to steer away from the typical Wedding DJ playlist.

Note: As always the choice of music played reflects -
a) What song were requested from the bride, groom and wedding guests.
b) What the wedding party responded to and enjoyed most on the night.

This is what makes each and every Wedding DJ playlist unique and personal.


Sally Signature

2 comments:

  1. some great songs, thanks this will help when we choose our songs for the big day.
    cheers
    arron

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Arron! I'm really glad you've found it useful. Be sure to keep checking back here for more DJ playlists this year.

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete