28 January 2010

Repertoire Update: January 2010

NEW WEDDING MUSIC ADDED

My apologies for the lateness of this post. With it being such a busy year in 2009 I’ve only just managed to make this update to my repertoire/ Song List. These are all great songs, some of which were learnt especially for clients who purchased a ‘New Song Add-On’ for their first dance or otherwise.

GROW OLD WITH YOU

image

This song was featured in the 1998 film ‘The Wedding Singer’, staring Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore. It’s quite a short acoustic track but the words are sweet and aside from the obvious attraction to this song for me (Being a Wedding Singer) it does make a great first (or last!) dance.  

 

 

LOVING YOU

image

I learnt this song for a client’s first dance in 2009. This is from Paolo Nutini’s 2006 Album ‘These Streets’ and it’s got a very cool, sexy feel to it. Although it’s not your most mushy, romantic first dance song, it’s a nice slow track with some good lyrics:

“Back off loneliness and hello tenderness,
I've been waiting for your call for so long,
and it must been hard just to follow your soul,
to stick to the road that your heart wants you to go….”

DAKOTA

image

Before you start thinking “Wow, this Singer has a serious time delay for popular music” I should tell you that this too was a song learnt for a client back in 2009. Dakota by Stereophonics was first released in 2005 and spent 20 weeks in the UK single chart. I can’t think why I didn’t learn it back then, well actually I can …. It’s a really tough song to sing (In the original key anyway), though totally worth it.

 

 

UP ALL NIGHT

image

‘Up all night’ by Take That is a great party song. As you will probably know I have had this at #1 spot in the Vocal Show website’s media player for some time, though I shamefully haven’t managed to update the online repertoire since, so thought I’d better let you know…. just in case.

A real Feel Good song and a was a hot favourite for 2009!

 

 

I hope you have found this post useful. Don’t forget you can download the PDF documents directly from the website’s repertoire page and choose your favourite wedding music that way.

Be sure to keep in touch with the Vocal Show Wedding Blog for more repertoire updates.

Luca Signature

No comments:

Post a Comment